Wednesday, February 1, 2012

For the Love of Ceramics

I recently starting taking a wheel throwing pottery class at The Visual Arts Center and I am so in love I’ve been dreaming of throwing.  There is magic in the movement of the wheel, in the undertaking of finding your balance with the clay, and the potential to shape it into something beautiful.  And of course, it is a nice excuse to get a little dirty.  Here’s to hoping that I will one day be able to create pieces with half as much grace.

By the amazing Eva Zeisel


Berndt Friberg, c. 1959




Carl-Harry Stalhane, c. 1950

Pigeon Toe Ceramics



Heath Ceramics

Perch Modern Ceramics
Heath Ceramics
I adore Sara Paloma's delicate vessels.  Her work will soon be sold at Modern Artifacts.

1 comment:

  1. Here, here!..
    Beautiful pottery selections, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete