Monday, February 6, 2012

For the love of flowers: Amaryllis

I grew my first Amaryllis from a bulb this year with spectacular results.   While I thought it was going to be a deep red, I am not the least bit disappointed at the amazing white and red striped blooms.  As of now there are three, but a fourth is on the way! There is something about watching something grow that is so satisfying.    
Mark was kind enough to be the photographer. 
Amaryllis symbolizes pride, determination and radient beauty.
Because I am too in love to cut any of my precious blooms to make an arrangement, here are some gorgeous Amaryllis arrangements I found online.  

Sarah Windward of Honey of a Thousand Flowers


Amy Merrick


Amy Merrick

 If you are in Brooklyn on February 20th you can take a  flower class at Saipua dedicated to the Amaryllis.



No comments:

Post a Comment