Friday, April 6, 2012

Garden Watch

This is the first year that I have planted bulbs in the fall to come up in spring.  I am hooked on checking the daily progress.  It really is amazing to see how much can change in a day.  Watching flowers grow and bloom always feels like magic.   

My favorites are the double late tulips.  Double late tulips also known as Peony tulips, have more than the standard six petals found in single tulips, bloom later in the season and smell like heaven.  

Happy gardening!



Double Late "Charming Beauties" 

The red tulips on the back are Double Late "Uncle Toms"

Double Late "Freeman" Tulip

Sweet smelling Sir Winston Churchill  and White Medal Daffodils

Sir Winston Churchill Daffodils


4 comments:

  1. Those tulips are gorgeous! I should get some of these bulbs for myself for next spring. Thank you for sharing beautiful photos of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. I'm wondering what zone you garden in. My White Medals have not come up this year (coastal CT) and I'm beginning to worry that all 100 of them have disappeared. They were lovely last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace. I live in Richmond, VA (zone 7) so I imagine it's quite a bit warmer down here. Spring came fast this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your White Metals are on the way!

      Delete